Saturday, June 14, 2008

Darin Never Rings Twice - Unless His Flight is Cancelled

Darin was supposed to fly out of Cuzco this morning. We did our requisite tearful goodbyes at the ungodly hour of 6 AM, and then, lo and behold at 10 AM, as I´m moping in my room, I hear an unexpected knock. Is it the hostal staff come to tell me that I really should have checked out by now? No! It´s Darin!

Now I would love to tell you that for the second time in his life, the absurdly punctual Darin missed a plane. But honesty requires that I admit his flight was canceled due to some invisible fog. And the best part? They couldn´t get him re-booked on another flight for 3 days! Who cares that he´s supposed to start a new job on Monday? Surely they¨ll understand that he is stranded in Peru.

My only regret? Thinking he was leaving yesterday, I finally yielded to guilt and pressure and drank Inca Kola. Very sneaky, Darin. Next time I won´t fall for your slick "Please? But, we´ll never see each other again!" routine.


1 comment:

nimt said...

the first two pictures don't appear to be working.

i'm loving reading your travel blog, though! glad you made it.