Friday, May 30, 2008

"I Am My Own Sherpa" and Other Un-aired Episodes

Over the course of our trip (and during the innumerable, but spectacular bus rides - see left), Adina, Jon, Shaina and I amused ourselves by coming up with absurd or poignant essay/dissertation titles. They were loosely based on the places we saw, what were were doing, or hilarious, out of context statements. I've used a lot of them for the titles of my posts. But there are some gems that I'm won't have a chance to expound upon before I head out to Peru tomorrow.

So here are some un-aired highlights:

I Am My Own Sherpa

This Train is Bound: Why Heathrow and Glory are Mutually Exclusive

Do Vampires Believe in Patrilineal Descent?: Topics in Interfaith Relations

"I want him hot and verbal" and Other Ghettobar Revelations

He's gritty, thinks on his feet and has a Ph.D.: Why Indiana Jones is the Ultimate Superhero.

(. . . )* [*Evin hugging Adina]

Climbing Stairs with a 3.7 Kilo Rug: A Parable for the Serbo-Croatian Conflict

Ridiculous: A Monetary 3-way Over Bosnian Coffee

The Spreadability Quotient: An Algorithm for Choosing Cheese

"Will you be my tripod?": Tales from the Top of Split

"It may look like a setting where rich people go, but that's not the setting's fault": Why You Shouldn't Judge the Dalmatian Coast (below)


I'm just finishing up packing and seeing friends in Chicago. Tomorrow, it's off to Lima, Peru.
.

No comments: