Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grovelling

I was supposed to meet Elisa in Cordoba. In an act of enormous generousity, she took her exams early so that she could meet me there Thursday morning. In an enormous screw up (that I would blame on my disorienting bus ride if it didn´t reek so much of ridiculous excuses), I have been thinking it was a day earlier than it was all week. I was sure that today was Wednesday, and I bought my ticket for tonight. But it is Thursday, and she got in early this morning and has been convinced that I was dead or kidnapped for the last 8 hours. No, I´m not dead, I´m just stupid. I am a horrible human being and I will buy you chocolate and flowers and everything pink you can imagine and commence with my unworthy grovelling as soon as I get to Corodoba tomorrow (Friday) morning.

I am so, so sorry.

2 comments:

Towsky said...

A full day late!! Impressive, even for you, Ev. Maybe you can blame it on the fog? That's what I did. :-)

Deborah said...

Nice going, kid. We're talking serious blackmail potential. Glad you're safe, though. Hugs to Elisa.