
We'd stayed in San Ignacio to view the wonders of the mission at night, so we rented an apartment. It was the best idea ever. It had a complete kitchen, so we bought a bottle of wine,
yerba mate (Argentina's incredibly bitter national drink), and cake mix. After 2 months, I can't tell you how cathartic it was to bake. It was a vanilla cake, and we topped it with Nutella, imported from the states by a generous George. It was DELICIOUS (or maybe we were just really hungry).

We positively snarfed it up (a very nutritious dinner, I know) and then proceeded to dance Salsa in the kitchen until 3 AM, courtesy of George's discman (with headphones playing full volume, since we didnt' have speakers) and the pirated
Juanes CDs I bought in Bolivia for 10 Bolivianos ($1.50 USD) each.
A Dios Le Pido (This I ask from God) was on repeat most of the night as Miki, Elisa and I took turns trying to help George keep the salsa beat and avoid our feet while getting the steps right. When it came to teaching rhythm, even God wasn't much help (our dear George still has a few things to learn), but between the cake fresh out the oven and crooning of Juanes, it was divine.
1 comment:
I love the cake story! So funny! It sounded like you guys had a blast baking as well as dancing.
Post a Comment